Prahasith Veluvolu of Mimir assembled the list of questions that surfaced when first raising money, and not only answered them, but had an investor answer as well in "Founder Tips: Pitch Deck Questions Answered From Both Startup CEO & VC"
"When I built my first pitch deck for Mimir in 2014, I spent more time Googling for best practices than working on the actual deck. Below are the top 10 questions I had at the time which answered by not only me, but also one of our first investors, Victor Gutwein from M25 Group."
- How many slides should a pitch deck have?
- Which team members should I put on the team slide?
- What information should never be included in a deck?
- What format should my deck be and should I spend timing making it look good?
- After a pitch would you send your slide deck to potential investors upon request? Why or why not?
- Should I have a specific ask in my pitch?
- Should I use a different deck to pitch vs email?
- How do I define the market size in my deck?
- What are the different slides I should have in my deck?
- Should I have a demo during a pitch and if so when should I show it?