- Information Collected
- Uses & Sharing of Personal Info
- Your Choices and Obligations
- Payment & Cancellation
- Important Info
- We protect your personal information using industry-standard safeguards.
GoodUnited's mission is to create more meaningful and personal relationships. Our registered users ("Members") share their causes, engage with their network, exchange knowledge and insights, post and view relevant content, and find charitable opportunities. Content on some of our services is also visible to unregistered viewers ("Visitors"). We believe that our services allow our Members to build a meaningful relationship with those that affect the causes they care about. The cornerstone of our business is to focus on our Members first.
Maintaining your trust is our top priority, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We protect your personal information and will only provide it to third parties: (1) with your consent; (2) where it is necessary to carry out your instructions; (3) as reasonably necessary in order to provide our features and functionality to you; (4) when we reasonably believe it is required by law, subpoena or other legal process; or (5) as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or safety of GoodUnited, our Members and Visitors, registered organizations and the public.
- We have implemented appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your information in accordance with industry standards.
2.1. Data Controllers
- When you create an account with us, we collect information (including your name, email address, and password).
2.3. Profile Information
- We collect information when you fill out a profile. A complete GoodUnited profile that includes information about the causes you care about which helps you build better relationships.
After you create an account, you may choose to provide additional information on your GoodUnited profile, such as descriptions of your causes and organizations supported. Providing additional information enables you to derive more benefit from our Services by helping you express your charitable identity; find other organizations, opportunities, and information; and help organizations better support you. It also enables us to serve you ads and other relevant content on and off of our Services.
2.4. Customer Service
- We collect information when you contact us for customer support.
2.5. Using the GoodUnited Sites
- We collect information when you visit our Services and interact with advertising on and off our Services.
We collect information when you use (whether as a Member or a Visitor) our websites, our platform technology (such as customized cause content) or other Services. For example, we collect information when you view or click on content on and off our Services, perform a search, join and participate in causes, participate in polls and share content on and off our Services. If you are logged in on GoodUnited.com, another Service or one of our cookies on your device identifies you, your usage information and the log data described in Section 2.9 of this policy, such as your IP address, will be associated by us with your account. Even if you're not logged into a Service, we log information about devices used to access our Services, including IP address.
2.7. Log Files, IP Addresses, and Information About Your Computer and Mobile Device
- We collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our Services.
When you visit or leave our Services (whether as a Member or Visitor) by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our cookies (or similar technology), we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. We also receive the internet protocol ("IP") address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing GoodUnited using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
2.8. Contact List and Other Services That Sync with GoodUnited
- We collect information when you sync non-GoodUnited content – like your contact list – with your account.
- You may use our address book or "contacts" importer (or other similar features) to upload your contact list into our Services. We store this information (including names and email addresses) and use it to help you manage and leverage your contacts in connection with our Services. We also use this information to enhance your experience with our Services by helping you connect with your contacts by: identifying your contacts that are already Members of our Services; providing a template to send invitations on your behalf to your contacts that are not Members.
- After sending these invitations, we may also remind your invitees of your invitation on your behalf. Your GoodUnited connections may also have access to your email address.
- We are constantly innovating to improve our Services, which means we may create new ways to collect information on the Services.
3.1. Consent to GoodUnited Processing Information About You
3.2. GoodUnited Communications
- We communicate with you using GoodUnited messaging, email, and other ways available to us. We may send you messages relating to the availability of the Services, security, or other service-related issues. You can change your email settings at any time.
We communicate with you through email, notices posted on the GoodUnited websites, messages to you, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications - informing you about how to best use our Services, new features, updates about other Members you are connected to and their actions, etc.; (2) service communications - these will cover service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of our Services. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information, cause preferences messaging preferences. You may change your email and contact preferences at any time by signing into your account and changing your GoodUnited settings.
Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us.
3.3. User Communications
- With certain communications you send on our Services, the recipient can see your name, email address, and some network information.
Many communications that you initiate through our Services (for example, an invitation sent to a non-Member) may list your name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide the recipient with aggregate information about your causes (for example, how many organizations are in your network).
3.4. Service Development; Customized Experience
- We use the information and content you provide to us to conduct research and development and to customize your experience and try to make it relevant and useful to you.
We use information and content that you and other Members provide to us to conduct research and development for the improvement of our Services in order to provide you and other Organizations, Members and Visitors with a better, more intuitive experience and drive membership growth and engagement on our Services and to help connect professionals to economic opportunity.
We also customize your experience and the experiences of others on our Services. For example, when you sign in to your account, we may display the names and photos of new Members who have recently joined your network or recent updates from your causes and organizations you follow. We try to show you content, such as news and opportunities, that is relevant to you, your causes, or organizations you support. We also use Members information and content for invitations and communications promoting our Services that are tailored to the recipient.
3.5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Any information you put on your profile and any content you post or share on GoodUnited may be seen by others.
- We don't provide any of your non-public information (like your email address) to third parties without your consent, unless required by law, or as described in this Policy.
- Other people may find your GoodUnited profile information through search engines (you can choose which parts of your public profile are accessible to public search engines in your settings), or use services like Facebook in conjunction with your GoodUnited account.
We offer a "public profile" feature that allows you as a Member to publish portions of your cause profile to the public Internet. This public profile will be indexed and displayed through public search engines when someone searches for your name. You may choose the parts of your profile that search engines index or completely opt out of this feature in your GoodUnited account settings, or limit the publicly visible information in your SlideShare profile. However, third-party search engines may not automatically update their caches, which may contain old public profile information. Unless you delete them, your profiles on GoodUnited.com are always viewable on the respective Services.
The visibility of your cause profile to other Members and Organizations depends on your degree of connection with the viewer, the causes they may have, their usage of the Services, access channels and search types (e.g. by name or by keyword).
We support middleware providers that offer archiving solutions to firms subject to legal and regulatory archiving requirements, which, with your permission, facilitate the archiving of your communications and other activity by a third party for compliance purposes. Content distributed through our sharing features and third-party integrations may result in displaying some of your personal information outside of our Services. For example, when you post content to a Group that is open for public discussion, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results.
Also, if you have opted to bind any of your Service accounts to your Facebook or other similar account, you can easily share content from our Services to these third party services, in accordance with your account settings (which you may change at any time) and respective policies of these third parties.
3.6. Polls and Surveys
- We conduct our own surveys and polls and also help third parties do this type of research. Your participation in surveys or polls is up to you.
Polls and Surveys may be conducted by us, Members, or third parties. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. If the delivery of incentives requires your contact information, you may be asked to provide personal information to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer, which will be used only for the purpose of delivering incentives and verifying your contact information. It is up to you whether you provide this information, or whether you desire to take advantage of an incentive. Your consent to use any personal information for the purposes set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it.
- Our Services help you search for other causes, content and organizations.
You can search for Members, causes and community content from our Services. We use personal information from our Services, including Member profiles, cause content, and Organization Pages, to inform and refine our search service.
- You are responsible for any information you post on our Services, and this content will be accessible to others.
If you participate in our Services, share content on your network update stream, or import a blog or other content, you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose using these services can be read, collected, and used by other Members in these forums, developers, and other third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit. You can remove your organization's posts at any time. However, others may have received the content, copied and used the information that you shared.
3.9. Pages for Organizations
- Organizations create pages on our Services. If you follow one of these pages, information about you will be provided to the page's administrators.
Pages on our Services are public (e.g., 501c3 organization), and any communications or information shared through them will be accessible by the entity that created them. If you follow a cause or organization, you will be listed among its followers, which can be viewed by others including the page owner. We use aggregate information about followers and viewers to provide data about such pages' performance (for example, visits and updates).
3.10. Compliance with Legal Process and Other Disclosures
- We may disclose your personal information if compelled by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if necessary to enforce our User Agreement.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a Member or Visitor when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, whether in the United States, Ireland, or other jurisdictions, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce the User Agreement, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or protect the security or integrity of our Service; or (3) exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of GoodUnited, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. In light of our principles, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but do not commit to challenge every demand. To find out more about how we engage with government requests for data see our Law Enforcement Data Request Guidelines.
3.11. Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of GoodUnited Corporation
3.12. Service Providers
- We may employ third parties to help us with the Services
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to GoodUnited not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
3.13 Data Processing Outside Your Country
- We may process your information outside the country where you live.
We may transfer your information and process it outside your country of residence, wherever GoodUnited and service providers operate.
4.1. Rights to Access, Correct, or Delete Your Information, and Closing Your Account
- You can change your GoodUnited information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content that you have posted, or by closing your account. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account.
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by GoodUnited regarding your profile, (2) change or remove your content, and (3) close your account. You can request your personal information that is not viewable on your profile or readily accessible to you (for example, your IP access logs) through GoodUnited's Help Center. If you close your account(s), your information will generally be removed from the Service within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information and will de-personalize any logs or other backup information through the deletion process within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
Please note: Information you have shared with others (for example, cause content) or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile. Groups content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. In addition, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate any information about you that other Members copied or exported out of our Services, because this information may not be in our control. Your public profile may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache.
4.2. Data Retention
- We keep your information for as long as your account is active or as needed. For example, we may keep certain information even after you close your account if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this agreement.
This Agreement will commence on the date listed on the confirmation email sent to Subscriber and, unless Subscriber is currently under a month-to-month subscription, will continue for a period of 12 months (the "Initial Term") and will automatically renew for additional one-month terms (each, a "Renewal Term") unless either party notifies the other party of its intent to not renew at least 30 days prior to the end of the Initial Term or the then current Renewal Term. The Initial Term and all such Renewal Terms are collectively referred to as the "Term."
5.2. Cancellation of Subscription.
If Subscriber elects to cancel its subscription to the Platform, Subscriber must call GoodUnited and speak with a Client Success Manager, who will confirm cancellation via email. Cancellation and termination of this Agreement will be effective within 5 business days of receipt of the email, if Subscriber cancels during the Initial Term, and within 30 days if Subscriber cancels within any Renewal Term or other month-to-month subscription.
In exchange for the provision of the Platform, Subscriber agrees to pay GoodUnited all fees listed on the confirmation email sent to Subscriber or otherwise agreed to by Subscriber during the subscription process ("Fees"). Subscriber agrees that (i) Fees are due and payable in United States dollars (ii) Fees are not based on actual usage, and (iii) except as set forth in Section 18, payment obligations are non-cancelable and Fees paid are non-refundable. Fees are based on monthly periods that begin on the subscription start date and each monthly anniversary thereof (or the last day of the applicable month if a given month does not have a corresponding day).
5.4. Invoicing and Payment.
Subscriber will provide GoodUnited with valid and updated credit card information, or with an alternative payment method reasonably acceptable to GoodUnited. If Subscriber provides credit card information to GoodUnited, Subscriber authorizes GoodUnited to charge such credit for all Fees due hereunder. Such charges shall be made in advance, either monthly or annually. Subscriber is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate billing and contact information in its account.
5.5. Suspension or Cancelation of Access to the Platform.
If any amount owing by Subscriber under this or any other agreement for services is twenty-one (21) or more days past due, GoodUnited may, without limiting its other rights and remedies, suspend or cancel Subscriber's access to the Platform (including without limitation Subscriber's access to all Data) until such amounts are paid in full.
- We take privacy and security seriously and have enabled HTTPS access to our site, in addition to existing SSL access over mobile devices. Also, please know that the Internet is not a secure environment, so be careful and select strong passwords.
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with industry standards. Access to your data on our Services is password-protected, and data such as credit card information is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Services. We also offer secure https access to the GoodUnited.com website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Members are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.